No…really…I made something…I’m just not quite sure what it is! I had originally planned to make Faux Pho (recipes from Epicurious, FoodJaunts, and Bon Appetit — although Bon Appetit makes ramen even sound pretentious — ) but best laid plans…I ran to the store, got what I thought I needed, and came home $6 later. Unfortunately, the main ingredient was BEEF ramen. I only had chicken. Damn! So I improvised. I thawed that lamb stock I made the other day, added the rice noodles, mushrooms, onion, and cauliflower and let simmer. A little Siracha, a LOT of soy sauce and it turned out pretty good! I’m not 100% sure what went into it but here’s my best guestimation!
Broth of somesort (preferably beef)
Package of baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
1/3 Head of cauliflower (in small pieces)
1/2 white onion, large dice
1/2 Jalapeno, thinly sliced
Handful of green onions, thinly sliced
Ginger, thinly sliced
1. Simmer the first five ingredients together until cooked through.
2. Use the second six ingredients as garnish.
- 25 Vegetarian recipes you can cook in under 30 minutes (treehugger.com)
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Ramen (hackcollege.com)
- Ramen (theyummytruth.com)